** This item is a pre-order item and time frames apply. Please be sure to read all the information regarding pre-order items on our website before ordering. (Currently 2-4 Week turnaround time)
Go colour crazy!
Water Beads are made from a super absorbent polymer which expands to over 100 times its original size when added to water!
Children can learn important hand-eye coordination skills from playing with objects of different textures, especially these squishy beads that move and appear to take on colour from objects around them.
There are so many fun ways to play with these colourful delights!
Some fun ideas:
- Mix up 2 or 3 colours and see who can separate them into single colour bowls the fastest.
- Drop some small objects like tumbled stones or coins under water beads and try to find them all.
- Glow sticks under beads look magical and keep kids entertained for ages!
- Bounce them off different surfaces.
- Add some watercolour paints and roll the beads across a canvas for an interesting effect.
- Hold up a bead and look through in amazement as the world turns upside down.
- Watch the first phase of expanding as they take on a unique rippled ‘brain’ shape for a short time.
- Soak the contents of one pack in 1 litre of clean water for 6-8 hours.
- Drain & discard excess water.
- Wash once a week to keep clean – use a small amount of hand sanitiser.
- Soak in water to rehydrate when they shrink considerably.
- To optimise the life of your water beads, do not allow them to completely dry.
- Dispose of unwanted water beads by breaking them down into a mush and spread throughout the compost or garden.
Water Beads Precautions & Safety Information
These polymer products are Non-Toxic and 100% Colourfast. Unlike other similar products on the market, these beads will not stain, however they should be treated as water and not allowed in contact with moisture sensitive surfaces or electrical appliances. Do not keep expanded product in direct sunlight.
Keep unexpanded Water Beads away from children under 6 years. Ingestion hazard.
Keep out of reach of children under 3 years at all times – May present a choking hazard.
Do not swallow or eat this product. Do not consume any discarded water.
Do not dispose of water beads down the drain. Do no place in fish tank or waterway.
Product is NON-TOXIC but is not suitable or fit for human or animal consumption. For personal hygiene purposes we recommend washing your hands thoroughly before and after contact.